Ashlynn is such a great big sister again. Last week she had a cough and I told her not to kiss Haley. Later that day she told me that she wished her cough would go away because it was so hard not to kiss her. We also went to see Grandma Joyce a few weeks ago which is about an hour away. We were getting ready to go and I was packing Haley's things when Ashlynn asked if we were taking her with us. I was a bit surprised and wondered if she thought we could just drop her off somewhere!
This has been a year of firsts for Ashlynn. When Ashlynn turned 8, Paul and I told her she could get her ears pierced. She was not intrested at all at the time but then about a month ago she said she wanted to get them pierced. I would have taken her right then so she wouldn't change her mind but living in Heber hindered that idea. So last week when we were shopping for Paul's birthday we were in the mall and I mentioned that we could get her ears pierced that day. Much to my surprise she said that she wanted to. So away we went! She was so brave! Only a few tears and as you cna tell from the picture she was very proud of them.
Ashlynn also just started piano this summer. In typical Ashlynn style, she came home and immediately practiced every song three times exactly as her teacher had asked her to. I love Ashlynn's desire always choose the right and never waivers.
Last weekend my sister Tammy was in town from Arizona and we were able to take a picture with all of the grandkids! Ashlynn was such a good cousin, entertaining the younger cousins especially Connor who followed her everywhere. She is so loving and patient with them all.
I've been meaning to write about this one last thing for a while. One day I went to my closet and found that my shoes had all been straightened. What a nice surprise! Then as I opened my bathroom drawer I found that it was nice and tidy too! I also found the things around my bathtub neatly stacked and organized. Then I noticed a note that said "Secret Love". I went back to all of the tidied spots and found similar notes. I immediately knew it was Ashlynn who had thoughtfully straightened around my room. What a sweet girl! I love you Ashlynn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paul and Traci Berg Family

No comments:
Post a Comment